Position Responsibilities: The Online Associate Editor intern is responsible for the flow of content that is being released to the public, from the official website for the International Center for Autism Research and Education. The Online Associate Editor will do some writing but will primarily be responsible for the details that take an article from the writer to the public. This includes reviewing and editing for final approve by the Department Head.
Internship Perks: The selected candidate builds more than skills, they build a professional portfolio. Selected Editorial Intern will develop a stronger writing technique, develop stories, learn how to fact check information, select compelling photos to complete article, find properly copyrighted photos, creates leads for writers, learn how to create articles headlines that grab the reader’s attention and more.
More Internship Perks: The selected intern may also be asked to submit writing for Hear Our Voices Magazine. Hear Our Voices isICare4Autism‘s quarterly, print magazine that is directly mailed to subscribers (50-60K, total is dependent upon requests per issue ). Subscribers are primarily located in the New York Tri-State area but many are located across the United States. Readership for the magazine is composed of industry professionals and many individuals touched by autism.
Fun Internship Perks: Interns can attend any ICare4Autism event, free of cost. Past interns have been able to attend such events as the opening night gala for the Independent Film and Video Festival, “Network for a Cause” hosted by ICare4Autism and the YJP of New York.
Final Internship Perk: Exceptional interns are taken into consideration for paid, in-house and/or freelance positions, as they become available, after their internship is completed.
More Editorial Internship Details
- Time Frame: This internship can be acquired on a per quarter or semester basis.
- Preferred Candidates will be pursuing a degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Media, Marketing, and Writing or related major.
- Location: This Editorial Internship is an in-house internship
- Compensation: Non-paid
How to Apply: Please send and email with the following information:
EMAIL SUBJECT MUST READ:
APPLICANT for Online Associate Editor
Within the body of the email, please include
- First and Last Name
- Internship that you are applying for
- Quarter or Semester that you are apply for
- The start and end date of the quarter of semester
- College or University that you attend
- The total number of hours that you are required, by your College or University, to dedicate to your internship, during this time period
- Contact telephone number
- Secondary contact telephone number, if applicable
- Best time contact by phone
- Email address
- FINAL STEP: Email this information to info [at] icare4autism.org